Monday, June 15, 2015

The Nashville workshop!

As some of you know, my girlfriend and I moved from San Francisco, CA to Nashville, TN in May 2015 to be closer to a vibrant music scene and to start a new life in The South.  The move was so exciting as we took a two week road trip across the country.  You don't get many chances to pick up and move to a new place so we took advantage of the opportunity.  Becca started a blog called the Bay To River Rambler and you can see her photos and writings here.





We found a place in East Nashville with a standalone garage that I converted into a workshop and now I have more space than I know what to do with!  I built myself a 2x8 workbench and got a drill press and now I am up and running.  The pickup winder is all tuned up and I'm cranking out pickups again, ready to get your guitar tone in tip-top shape.



Things to look forward to in July:


Gold Foil release July 4th I'll be releasing a brand new pickup based on the originals from the '60s.  I designed mine to be on the more affordable side compared to vintage or reissue pickups by other manufacturers and still embody that twangy, low-fi character.  They will fit in a standard humbucker rout and start at $90 each.




Summer NAMM in Nashville July 9th, 10th, 11th  I'll be there walking around, checking out the exhibits, and meeting as many people as possible.  I won't have a booth this year, but I'll be staking it out for future years.  Check out https://www.namm.org/summer/2015 for more info on how you can go.


No comments:

Post a Comment